Dog walking services
We all know that dogs can get bored and miserable when they’re left on their own too long.
Every dog loves a walk and whilst most prefer a solo walk with their walker, some like company. Every dog has a unique personality, and may behave slightly differently in groups, just like humans. Some dogs are perfectly suited to group walking, whereas others are not so, or may change over time.
Lichfield area dog walking clients are now looked after by our former Operations Manager Abbie Clark , who trades as Spires Pet Services – please visit: http://www.spirespetservices.co.uk
Individual dog walking
Whether a stroll around the block with an older dog or a fast-paced walk with a fit youngster – we will tailor our service to the needs of you and your dog.
If you have an older dog who can’t walk far, that’s fine, we’ll just do a short walk or let the dog out to go to the toilet and give him some attention. If you have a young puppy who can’t go out, we’ll pop in and feed them, make a fuss of them and help you with toilet training etc if you want us to.
Scheduled walks can be arranged on a daily basis, several times a day or just occasionally, to suit you.
Features of 1-2-1 dog walking
- Walk at your dog’s own pace – perfect for very young or old dogs
- Reinforces lead waking etiquette which also benefits owners
- Walks can include familiar or favourite local places, and can also be tailored to take in specific sights and sounds, such as traffic, people, children, shops, other dogs
- Our dog-walker can concentrate on specific training or commands
- Lots of 1-2-1 attention, which is both rewarding and mentally stimulating
- Your dog can play with their favourite toy, such as a ball
- Dogs are usually kept on a lead, therefore stay much cleaner and are under the total control of their handler throughout
- Dogs who hate bad weather / thunderstorms etc. can have a toilet break and playtime in the house
- If you have more than one dog, our charges are the same, so this is more economical
Group dog walks
We can also arrange walks with one or more other dogs – a great way to encourage socialising. Our group adventure walks are ideal for exuberant dogs who love to mix with others and run off-lead – as long as they are well behaved and we’re confident that they will return when called.
We run group walks with a maximum of 4 dogs per handler for safety reasons. Group dogs will be collected between 10am and 2pm and will be away from home for up to 3 hours, with at least 40 minutes walking time.
Our vehicles have bespoke safety cages and air conditioning, and we never leave dogs unattended in vehicles.
Features of group dog walking
- Exuberant but obedient dogs will get far more exercise as they can run off-lead
- Socialising is very important, especially for younger dogs, and this is a safe environment for them to run and play together
- The dog handler will observe and monitor the dogs’ behaviour and encourage safe play and polite social interaction
- The time spent away from home is considerably longer. Total collection time alone for each group of 4 dogs takes an average of 50 minutes, followed by their walk and travel home.
Things to be aware of
Not all dogs are suited to walking in groups. Some can be intimidated by other dogs, others might become possessive in a small pack, which can sometimes lead to aggression issues both within the pack and when meeting other dogs who are not with the pack.
Some dogs will seek out mud and other undesirable material to roll in at every opportunity, so may return home a bit dirty!
There is always a slight possibility that your dog will get lost / chase a rabbit / become separated from the pack, but we do our best to avoid this happening.
We will speak to you and assess your dog’s suitability for group walking, before taking him out.
Doggy Day Care
It’s not just about dog walking – we’re here to care for your dog, so our professional dog walking team also offer a “feed and fuss” service and provide FREE training reinforcement as part of the dog walking service.
Noticed a Change
Sox in your care on a daily basis for 18 months plus
When needed your house sitting services allowed us to leave the country and comfortably leave him in safe hands, in his own home, something that we are really grateful for.
My wife and I wanted to say a big thank you for all your help, attentive care and expert advice. He wouldn't be the same without you all.
Friendliness towards Dodger
Regular Walks – Abbie
Bryn is very happy
Wonderful with animals
Absolutely amazing service
They provide top notch professional services in a totally stress free way, we have used freedom pet services for 4 years and can not recommend them highly enough.
Great team, excellent service, why use anyone else
Reliable, accommodating and fantastic
piece of mind and all your pet care needs!
What it Costs
Please email and we will send a full price list or a quote for your exact requirements email@example.com